A member of a local dog forum had a scare yesterday. After worrying about her dog who had eaten some chocolate biscuits and was becoming unwell,she consulted her vet.He found a mass in the dogs stomach and the dog had an emergency operation. The mass was sand which the dog had swallowed from her ball during her games on the beach. The sand had acted like concrete. Tias operation last night went well thank goodness and all is well.The issue with the chocolate biscuits turned out to be a blessing in diguise.
Thanks for the warning - I'll keep this in mind with future dogs as the beach is a favourite walk with me Glad forum member's dog is ok....as caz2golden says you just don't think or expect something like this to happen